This page contains an updating list of events related to or presented by Heal the Money:
Mortgage Fraud Uncovered: Presentation and Panel Discussion with William K. Black, Nomi Prins, FBI and more
222 N Vineyard Avenue
Ontario, CA 91764
Organizer: Rhema Economic Research and Development, a non-profit 501(c) 3, in partnership with Grassroots Assembly for Mortgage Fraud Victims, LLC
LIMITED SEATING; PLEASE CALL 888.990.9695 FOR RESERVATIONS OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
Guest speakers and panelists:
- Dr. William K. Black (Speaker) author of ” The Best Way to Rob a Bank Is to Own One.” Dr. Black is a criminologist and former bank regulator that brought down Charles H. Keating Jr. in the S&L scandal. He developed the concept of “control fraud” — frauds in which the CEO or head of state uses the institution as a “weapon.” Currently he is pushing for “receivership” of banks, starting with Bank of America.
- Ms. Nomi Prins (Speaker), a former managing director at Goldman Sachs, author of “Other People’s Money: The Corporate Mugging of America” and “It Takes a Pillage:Behind the Bailouts, Bonuses, and Backroom Deals from Washington to Wall Street.” Ms. Prins will explore the origins of the Mortgage Fraud.
- Sharon Ormsby (Panelist), Chief of Financial Crimes Section, FBI Headquarters, Washington D.C.
- Angela Cash (Panelist), California Department of Real Estate
- Joan Hobbs (Panelist), Deputy Assistant Inspector General for Audit Special Operations HUD, U.S. Office of the Department of Inspector General
- A Host of Officials and other Justice Department Representatives
Topics to be discussed:
- Liar loans — Were subprime and predatory mortgages really a Ponzi scheme?
- Accounting rules a gimmick? Change the rules to eliminate the crime
- Call for FDIC to put banks into receivership
- Are we living under two executive orders? (Obama’s Loan Modification Program and FDIC Modification Program)
- Who is regulating the regulators? Insurance fraud — who’s taking home the claims?
- Foreclosure mills — why are they allowed to exist?
- Should Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac be dissolved?
- Tortious interference by servicing companies, who are simply debt collectors
- Pro-tanto eminent domain
- Mortgage forensics — what is a Qualified Written Request – QWR?
- Securitization of loan docs — pulling of assignments — following the trail
- Demand and compromise
- Lawsuits / lis pendens — homeowners having to fend for themselves in unfamiliar territory
- A change is going to come…